Hinge was the first kit I created for the shop, and I probably sat around tweaking it for two months before finally moving onto the next one.
This one is really special to me and I'm so stoked to tell you more about it because I can see a TON of brands and businesses reflected in this kit.
There are so many entrepreneurs I see day in and day out who need their businesses to feel high end and polished, but they don't know how to make it feel delicate, fresh or cool.
Hinge does that for you.
Click the images for ideas on how to customize this kit, then dig into the deets below and check out the demo site so you can this baby in action!
(click images for a larger view)
HINGE FEATURES, IDEAS + DEETS:
- The site border has an editorial feel and gives you more opportunity to play with color (and in turn, more opportunity to influence your brand vibes).
- You can use low contrast colors for a soft, delicate feel (like the image on the left).
- Make the kit feel more playful with unexpected color choices (like the center image).
- Or utilize high contrast colors for a bold, high energy vibe (like the image on the right).
- The fun collage on the home page and flashing graphics help the kit feel fresh while the hard edges and thin lines keep it grounded and feeling highly polished.
- Hinge features 3 easy copy-and-paste CSS customizations to help your site feel more custom and less template-y.
- If you want to plan a little before making a purchase be sure to check out the ultimate guides I created on font, color + photography for your website (OR take the lil' brand personality quiz I made this past summer and see what kind of results you get)!
- After you have a solid idea of the vibe you wanna go for, it really is as simple as:
- Logging into your kit's dashboard
- Working through the kit downloads
- Then it's plug and play for your website copy and imagery
- I've got video guides and PDFs with step-by-step instructions to help you along the way!